Not sure what to do for lunch this week? What about attending a visiting Chef's Class in our test kitchen?! Learn a new technique, and lunch is served!
Wednesday, September 16:
- Chef Amanda Cushman's Healthy Mediterranean Class (Visiting Chef Class). 12pm - 2pm in the Surfas Test Kitchen. $65 per person- Hand's On Class. Amanda Cushman contact info is firstname.lastname@example.org or 310 980 0139, http://www.amandacooks.com/.
On the menu: Lamb Skewers with Lemon Yogurt Sauce, Mixed Greens with Crispy Feta and Tomatoes, Roasted Eggplant and Garlic Dip with Pita Toasts, Grilled Figs with Honey, and Raspberries and Creme Fraiche.
Thursday, September 17:
- A Pot Full O’ Stories, ages 3-5 with parent or caregiver (Piccolo Chef Series). 10am - 11am in the Surfas Test Kitchen. $180 for the series of 6 classes. SINGLE CLASSES AVAILABLE! Call 310.295.4208 to register or online at www.piccolochef.com.
Curl up with a good book and some good eats! In this class we'll discover a new picture book like “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” or “Blueberries for Sal” and make a delicious and healthful recipe from the book! Each child will receive a cookbook with the class recipes as well as a Piccolo Chef Certificate of Completion at the end of the series.
Friday, September 18:
- French Macarons, Financiers and Florentines with Gourmandise Desserts (Visiting Chef Class). 3pm - 6pm in the Surfas Test Kitchen. $55 per person. To register, please email email@example.com or call 310.382.4692.
Click here to register for the class. Students will receive 10% off their in-store purchase the day of class!
Intimidated by these delicate Parisian confections? Worry no more! We will cover the best techniques for foolproof results every time, and play with an infinite combination of flavors! Here are just some of the sweet delicacies that we will make together in this most sinful class:
Chocolate Macarons with Milk Chocolate Passionfruit Ganache
Vanilla Bean Macarons with Salted Caramel Cream
Chocolate Pistachio Financiers
Milk Chocolate Macadamia Laceys
Florentines dipped in Bittersweet Chocolate
- Knife Sharpening, 11am - 2pm: Free knife sharpening provided by Messermeister knife experts. Have up to three (3) knives sharpened while you wait at Surfas!
- Sushi Chef Institute- Izakaya Japanese Cooking Demo, 12pm - 1pm: Chef Andy is back in the kitchen today demonstrating the stype of Izakaya Japanese cooking. On the menu today: Nasu dengaku (Tofu dengaku)- White mise Japanese eggplants, Negi maki style- Thin sliced beef and Asparagus, and Jumbo Shrimp & Cherry tomato Kushiyaki.
- Quick Bites, Meals for a Radiant Life: The Versatile Bean (Visiting Chef Class). 4pm - 5pm. $25 per person. Please visit the website to register: http://vivalagreens.com/ Or call at 310.963.4279, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beans are a bountiful and versatile food that pack a punch with nutrients. We'll show you how to make them from scratch in a pressure cooker and give you some great recipes for quick meals with beans.
These classes are designed for all ages and skill level. A 1 hour demonstration style cooking class filled with delicious plant-based recipes and information that can help either an amateur cook or anyone who knows their way around the kitchen, but needs help making low fat, healthy, and delicious vegetarian food.